The Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program is an initiative of Schaeffler India to recognize and reward individuals who are developing unique sustainable solutions that have the potential to positively impact society at scale. Under this fellowship program, a total of 10 individuals between the age of 18 to 35 years will be provided with fellowship grants worth INR 10 Lakh along with exclusive mentorship and networking opportunities at CIIE.CO at IIM, Ahmedabad.
Schaeffler India deals in high-precision components and systems in engine, transmission, and chassis applications, as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a large number of industrial applications.
With a profound commitment to sustainability, the company upholds it as a vital element of its corporate strategy and one of its cherished corporate values. By nurturing entrepreneurship and inspiring innovative solutions, the program aspires to foster a positive impact, contributing towards a future that is sustainable, equitable, and inclusive.
- Applicants should belong to the age group of 18 to 35 years (as on 1st September 2023)
- Should be a resident of India
- Open for individuals, groups of individuals, organizations of profit or non-profit both across India
- Early-stage start-ups or NGOs with functioning prototype can participate
- The project must be related to any of the following categories:
- Environment Sustainability
- Renewable Energy
- Carbon Neutrality
- Circular Economy
- Natural Resource Management
- Application of Technology like Robotics / Drone in Social Sector
- An entry must not just be a concept, idea, or mock-up and needs to fulfill the following six requirements:
- Clear target market or audience
- Addressing clear need, problem, or opportunity
- Potential to scale and positively impact people
- Economical and sustainable
- Commercial viability
- Should be a prototype
- The project MUST NOT be an established commercial venture
- A participant also needs to submit the entries describing their work in the form of idea pitch deck and a video that can be uploaded on the website
- Each of the 10 winning projects will be granted an award of INR 1 Lakh.
- A 24-week hybrid mentorship opportunity at the prestigious CIIE.CO, IIM Ahmedabad, to help the winners further develop and scale their solutions.
- Access to Schaeffler India’s network & partners.
- Entry to a fellow community of peers.
- An idea pitch deck in PDF format with size less than 4 MB
- A video (90-120 seconds) describing the ideas/projects
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photograph
Eligible candidates can apply for the program through the following steps:
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program page.
- Read the details carefully and click on ‘Apply Now’ to start the application.
- Fill the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents, an idea pitch deck and a video describing the ideas/project and answer the questions that have been asked.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- Cross-check application details in ‘preview mode’ and click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.