Saksham Scholarship Program for Drivers’ Children is an initiative by Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Limited (MMFSL) to provide financial assistance to the children of drivers’ community to support them in continuing their education. Mahindra Finance believes in empowering the academic and career goals of children of drivers by removing the financial barrier. The scholarship is open for students from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka, who are studying in Classes 1 to 12, graduation, and postgraduation levels. The selected scholars will be provided with a one-time (fixed) financial assistance of up to INR 20,000 to cover their academic expenses.
MMFSL, a part of the Mahindra Group, is one of India’s leading non-banking finance companies operating in rural and semi-urban India. The company has introduced this scholarship program as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Flagship program “Swabhimaan” with an objective to financially support underprivileged children/wards of drivers’ community in continuing their education.
- Open for students from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka.
- Applicants must be studying in Class 1 to 8.
- One of the parents should be a driver (all light motor vehicles and small commercial vehicles such as Taxi, Jeep, Car & delivery vans such as Pickup, magic, school van, etc.) and should hold a valid driving license.
- Annual family income of the applicants from all sources should not be more than INR 3,00,000.
- Preference will be given to girl students.
- Scholarships will be granted to a maximum of two students per family.
- Children or family members of Mahindra Finance & Buddy4Study are not eligible.
INR 5,000 for 1 year
- Marksheet of the previous qualifying examination
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID card, driving license, PAN card)
- Proof of family income (Form 16A, income certificate from a government authority, salary slips, etc.)
- Admission proof (Fee receipt, admission letter, institution ID card, bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant (cancelled cheque, passbook copy)
- Commercial driving license (for taxi, cab, minivan, school van, magic/pick-up, etc.)
- Contract copy or income proof or employee ID card (for cab driver’s profile if they don’t possess a commercial driving license)
- Address proof (Domicile certificate, residential certificate, telephone bill, ration card)
- Photograph of the applicant
- Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
- Log in to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account
- You will now be directed to the ‘Saksham Scholarship Program for Drivers’ Children’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to initiate the application process.
- Fill in all the required details in the online scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.