The Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities (PMSD) is a Government of India scheme that provides financial assistance to students with disabilities pursuing post-matriculation studies. The scheme is implemented by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
To be eligible for the PMSD scheme, students must meet the following criteria:
- They must be Indian citizens.
- They must have a disability of at least 40% severity, as certified by a competent authority.
- They must be pursuing post-matriculation studies in a recognized educational institution.
- Their annual family income must be below Rs. 6 lakh.
Quantum of scholarship
The quantum of scholarship under the PMSD scheme varies depending on the level of study and the type of disability. For students with severe disabilities, the scholarship may be up to Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
How to apply
Students can apply for the PMSD scheme online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The application process is usually open from August to October each year.
Students applying for the PMSD scheme must submit the following documents:
- Proof of disability certificate
- Proof of income certificate
- Proof of identity and address
- Admission letter from the educational institution
- Bank account details
Students are selected for the PMSD scheme on the basis of merit and the severity of their disability. The selection process is carried out by the DEPwD.
Disbursement of scholarship
The scholarship is disbursed directly to the bank account of the student.
|Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Open till 31-12-2023|