The PM YASASVI Scholarship 2023-24 is an initiative launched by the All India Council for Technical Education under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD). It is designed to support students belonging to the OBC, EBC, and DNT categories who are currently enrolled in Classes 9 and 11 at recognized top schools endorsed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
The primary goal of this program is to foster an inclusive society where members of these target groups can lead productive, secure, and dignified lives while receiving essential support for their overall growth and development. A total of 30,000 deserving candidates will be selected to receive financial assistance ranging from INR 75,000 to INR 1,25,000 per year.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Should belong to the Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), or De-Notified Tribes category.
- For Class 9 applicants, the birthdate must fall between 1st April 2007 and 31st March 2011 (inclusive of both dates).
- For Class 11 applicants, the birthdate must fall between 1st April 2005 and 31st March 2009 (inclusive of both dates).
- Must be currently studying in Classes 9 or 11 at a top school recognized by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Should have passed Classes 8 and 10 during the academic year 2022-23.
- Must have an annual family income of less than INR 2,50,000.
Selected students will receive annual benefits as follows:
- Class 9/10 students: Up to INR 75,000.
- Class 11/12 students: Up to INR 1,25,000.
This scholarship program adheres to the policy guidelines set by the State Government or the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is not involved in the scholarship selection process.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Valid Government ID proof.
- Aadhaar card/UID number (mandatory).
- Educational/qualification details.
- Scanned clear passport-sized photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10KB – 200 KB), either in color or black & white, with 80% face visibility (without a mask) including ears against a white background.
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 KB – 30 KB).
- Scanned copies of the following documents (size 50 KB to 300 KB):
- Category certificate.
- Income certificate.
- Aadhaar card.
- PwD certificate, if applicable.
All documents must be uploaded in PDF format and follow the prescribed format. To benefit from the scheme, students are required to provide their Aadhar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication as proof of identification. If a student does not have an Aadhaar number, they must apply for Aadhaar enrollment with parental consent, if eligible, to avail the scheme’s benefits.
How to Apply:
- Click the “Apply now” button.
- Thoroughly review the scholarship details.
- Complete the application form and attach all necessary documents with care.
- Click the “Submit” button to finalize your application.