The ONGC Scholarship for Meritorious Students is an endeavor by the ONGC Foundation to offer financial assistance to exceptional students from SC/ST/OBC and General categories who are pursuing higher education. This scholarship program provides a yearly scholarship amount of INR 48,000 to students in their first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA, or Master’s in Geophysics/Geology programs.
The ONGC Foundation, established by ONGC, has launched this scholarship as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative, with the aim of supporting talented students from marginalized communities.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be enrolled in one of the following course:
- Master’s degree in Geology, Geophysics
- have secured at least 60% marks in Class 12 for Engineering or MBBS programme OR
- have secured at least 60% in Graduation for PG courses in Geology/Geophysics/MBA
- have an annual income of less than INR 2,00,000 from all sources
The benefits of the scholarship will be offered in the following manner –
|Category||Number of Scholarship Offered||Amount (in INR)|
|General/EWS||500||48,000 per annum|
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate in Hindi/ English
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 marksheet as proof of age
- Copy of Class 12 marksheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students
- Copy of consolidated Graduation marksheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students
- Certified copy of the annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case, original is not available)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of undertaking
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below –
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register‘ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Select the scheme under the respective category and tick the checkbox.
Step 4: Now, click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.