Here’s a breakdown of the scholarship aspect of NF&S-ST:
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must belong to the Scheduled Tribe category as per the Government of India’s list.
- Must be an Indian citizen.
- Pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil., or Ph.D. courses in specific disciplines at recognized institutions.
- Meet the prescribed academic criteria for each level of study.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Financial assistance: The scholarship amount varies depending on the level of study and the type of institution (central/state/private). However, it typically covers tuition fees, hostel fees, and a monthly stipend for living expenses.
- Additional benefits: Some institutions may offer additional benefits like book grants, travel allowances, and medical insurance.
How to apply?
- Applications are invited online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) annually. The online application form opens within a specified timeframe, usually starting in December and closing in the following February.
- Detailed eligibility criteria, required documents, and application instructions are available on the NSP website and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs website.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- National Scholarship Portal: https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs website: http://www.tribal.nic.in/
- NF&S-ST guidelines: https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/tribalfellowshipguideline.pdf
Remember, applying early is crucial as seats are limited.
I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions about the National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students or the scholarship application process.