The National Scholarship Program (NSP) is a scholarship program offered by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Government of India, to provide financial assistance to Scheduled Tribe (ST) students for pursuing higher education. The NSP scholarship is awarded to ST students who are pursuing postgraduate and doctoral degrees in recognized universities and colleges in India.
Eligibility Criteria for NSP Scholarship 2024
To be eligible for the NSP Scholarship 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Caste: The candidate must belong to a Scheduled Tribe (ST).
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college.
- Income Limit: The annual family income of the candidate must not exceed Rs. 6 lakhs.
Benefits of NSP Scholarship 2024
The NSP Scholarship 2024 provides the following benefits to the selected candidates:
- Monthly maintenance allowance: Rs. 12,000 per month for postgraduate students and Rs. 15,000 per month for doctoral students.
- Tuition fee: The scholarship will cover the full tuition fee of the candidate.
- Thesis grant: Rs. 10,000 for postgraduate students and Rs. 20,000 for doctoral students.
- Contingency grant: Rs. 5,000 per year for all students.
- Book grant: Rs. 5,000 per year for all students.
How to Apply for NSP Scholarship 2024
To apply for the NSP Scholarship 2024, candidates must visit the official website of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The online application process is expected to begin in November 2023.
The following steps must be followed to apply online:
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs at https://tribal.nic.in/.
- Click on the “Scholarship” tab.
- Click on the “National Scholarship Program” link.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Fill in the online application form carefully and submit it.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee online.
Required Documents for NSP Scholarship 2024
The following documents are required to be uploaded along with the online application form for the NSP Scholarship 2024:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Educational qualification certificates
- Marksheets of all examinations passed
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
Selection Process for NSP Scholarship 2024
The selection of candidates for the NSP Scholarship 2024 will be done on the basis of merit. The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in their previous examinations.
Disbursement of NSP Scholarship 2024
The NSP Scholarship 2024 will be disbursed directly to the bank account of the selected candidates. The scholarship will be disbursed in quarterly installments.
The NSP Scholarship 2024 is a great opportunity for ST students to pursue higher education without any financial constraints. If you are an ST student and interested in applying for the NSP Scholarship 2024, start your preparation early and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Keep a copy of all the documents that you upload with the online application form.
- Check the status of your application regularly on the official website of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- If you have any queries, contact the Ministry of Tribal Affairs at +91-11-24610800.