The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India, offers a number of scholarships to students pursuing higher education in India. These scholarships are open to students from all categories, including general, SC, ST, OBC, and minority communities.
Some of the NSP Scholarships offered by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India, in 2024 include:
- National Scholarship Scheme
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Merit-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/UTs Police Personnel Martyred During Terror/Naxal Attacks
The eligibility criteria for these scholarships vary depending on the scholarship scheme. However, some general eligibility criteria that apply to most NSP Scholarships include:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be pursuing higher education in a recognized institution in India.
- The applicant’s parents’ annual income must be below a certain limit.
The scholarship amount also varies depending on the scholarship scheme. However, most NSP Scholarships provide a monthly stipend to the students, as well as other benefits such as tuition fees reimbursement and book allowance.
How to Apply
Applications for NSP Scholarships can be submitted online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
To apply, students must create an account on the NSP and then fill out the online application form. They will need to provide their personal information, educational qualifications, and parental income details. They will also need to upload scanned copies of their relevant documents.
The selection process for NSP Scholarships is based on merit and parental income. Students who have scored higher marks in their previous exams and whose parents have lower incomes will be given priority.
The application process for NSP Scholarships typically opens in November and closes in December. The scholarship amount is disbursed directly to the students’ bank accounts in two installments.
The NSP Scholarship By Department of Higher Education 2024 is a great opportunity for students from all categories to pursue higher education in India. These scholarships can help students to reduce their financial burden and focus on their studies.
|CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS||Open till 31-12-2023|