The National Means Merit Scholarship (NMMSS) is a scholarship program offered by the Government of India to meritorious students from Classes 9 to 12. The scholarship is awarded to students who have secured high marks in their previous class and who come from economically weaker sections of society.
The NMMSS was launched in 2008 with the objective of providing financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections of society to pursue their education. The scholarship is awarded to students who have secured at least 55% marks in their previous class (or 50% marks if they belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), or Persons with Disabilities (PwD) categories). The annual family income of the student must be less than ₹6 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria for NMMSS 2024
To be eligible for the NMMSS 2024, students must meet the following criteria:
- They must be studying in Class 9 or 10 in a recognized school in India.
- They must have secured at least 55% marks in their previous class (or 50% marks if they belong to the SCs, STs, or PwD categories).
- Their annual family income must be less than ₹6 lakh.
Exam Pattern for NMMSS 2024
The NMMSS 2024 exam will be a single-stage written test. The test will be conducted in two parts: Part I will be a Mental Ability Test (MAT), and Part II will be a Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
The MAT will consist of 90 questions of 90 marks. The SAT will consist of 90 questions of 90 marks. The total marks for the exam will be 180.
The MAT will test the student’s reasoning ability, problem-solving skills, and logical thinking. The SAT will test the student’s knowledge of Science, Mathematics, Social Science, and English.
How to Apply for NMMSS 2024
To apply for the NMMSS 2024, students need to register themselves on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Once registered, students can log in and fill out the online application form.
The online application form will require students to provide the following information:
- Personal details
- Educational details
- Income details
- Bank account details
Students will also need to upload scanned copies of their following documents:
- Class 8 marksheet
- Class 9 marksheet (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- Bank account statement
Selection Process for NMMSS 2024
The selection of students for the NMMSS 2024 will be based on their performance in the written test. The top-scoring students in each state will be awarded the scholarship.
Benefits of the NMMSS Scholarship
The NMMSS scholarship provides a number of benefits to students, including:
- Financial assistance to cover the cost of education
- Priority in admission to government colleges
- Access to various other government schemes and programs
How to Prepare for the NMMSS 2024 Exam
The best way to prepare for the NMMSS 2024 exam is to start early and follow a regular study schedule. Students should also focus on solving practice questions and papers.
Here are some tips for preparing for the NMMSS 2024 exam:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus
- Create a study schedule and stick to it
- Focus on solving practice questions and papers
- Revise regularly
- Take care of your physical and mental health
Additional Tips for NMMSS 2024 Applicants
- Focus on your strengths: Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. When preparing for the NMMSS 2024 exam, focus on your strengths and try to improve your weaknesses.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help: If you are struggling with a particular topic, don’t be afraid to ask your teacher or classmates for help. There are also many online resources available that can help you prepare for the exam.
- Take breaks: It is important to take breaks when studying for a long period of time. Get up and move around every 20-30 minutes to avoid getting burned out.
- Stay positive: It is important to stay positive and motivated when preparing for the NMMSS 2024 exam. Remember that you have worked hard and that you are capable of achieving your goals.
TheNSP 2024 is a great opportunity for meritorious students from economically weaker sections of society to pursue their
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||Open till 30-11-2023|