IIT Madras Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for BS Degree/Diploma in Data Science 2024 is an opportunity offered by the Indian Institute of Tehnology (IIT), Madras to students enrolled in BS degree in Data Science. The selected candidates will receive full course fees and other benefits based on merit-cum-means.
The scholarship will be offered under four stages:
- Foundational programme
- Diploma programme
- B.Sc. degree programme
- BS degree programme
Students will have the freedom to exit from the program and receive a certificate, diploma or a degree, respectively, from IIT Madras.
Applicants must fulfil the below-mentioned criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible for this scholarship.
- Students should have cleared the qualifier exam.
- Eligible students will be given preference in the scholarship based on their academic performance.
- Applicants must have an annual family income of less than INR 5,00,000. (Note: Students from the economically weaker sections with an annual family income less than INR 8,00,000 will be considered based on the availability of funds.)
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits under this scholarship program:
- Foundational Level courses – INR 4,000 per course.
- Skill Enhancement courses in diploma/degree level – INR 7,500 per course
- Projects course – INR 2,500 per course
- All core courses in diploma/degree level – INR 10,000 per course
- Total course fee – INR 2,27,000 per student to complete the 114 credits in B.Sc. degree from IIT Madras
- Total course fee – INR 3,51,000 per student to complete the 142 credits in BS degree from IIT Madras