Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme is an initiative by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi. This scheme offers education loan of up to INR 10 lakh to students who have completed Class 10 or Class 12 and want to pursue diploma/degree level courses or specified skill development courses in government-run institutions in Delhi. The loans are collateral-free, which means students are not required to put up any security to get the loan. The program aims to offer financial support to students through the banking system ensuring ‘reasonable and affordable’ terms and conditions
- Students who have completed Class 10 and Class 12 in Delhi and have the aspiration to pursue diploma, degree, or specified skill development courses within India are eligible.
- Candidates who have passed Class 10 in Delhi and want to take higher education courses that require Class 10 as the minimum qualifying examination are eligible.
- Students must have secured admission to a higher education course or specified skill development courses (Diploma or Degree including Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Degree) through entrance test/merit-based selection process after completion of secondary examination/senior secondary examination/required qualifying examination in:
- Government or Private/Self-financed institutions located in Delhi*
- Central/State Govt. Universities/Institutions outside of Delhi (within India)
Education loan of up to INR 10 lakh at an interest rate of 2% above the selected bank’s base rate.
Note – Students will not be required to provide any collateral or margin money for the availed education loan.
- Aadhaar card of student
- PAN card of student
- Class 10 certificate certificate (passed from Delhi)
- Class 12 certificate certificate (passed from Delhi)
- Employer’s Certificate (students who are children of employees of Government of NCT of Delhi or officials/government servants who are posted with the Government of NCT of Delhi are also eligible under this scheme)
- Passport sized photograph