- How to Apply?
Students applying for scholarship for the first time (Fresh Students) need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”.
The registration form is required to be filled by parents / guardian of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration.
Before initiating registration process, students / Parents / guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:
- 1. Educational documents of student.
- 2(a). For major applicants – Aadhaar will be mandatory for the applicants who have attained 18 years of age on the date of registration. Applicant, who have not yet been assigned Aadhaar will be required to enroll for Aadhaar and then register using Enrolment Identification (EID). However, her registration will be provisional and attain final status on submission of Aadhaar and completion of Aadhaar based eKYC, which will be a prerequisite for release of her scholarship.
- 2(b). For minor applicants – All applicants, who have not attained the age of 18 years on the date of registration, shall register using Aadhaar with the consent of their parents/legal guardians on voluntary basis. In case Aadhaar has not been assigned to such applicants, they can register using EID. However, in all cases, where Aadhaar/EID of the minor applicant is not provided, Aadhaar of at least one parent/legal guardian will be required. In such cases, the parent/legal guardian will be treated as the Beneficiary. Further, it will be mandatory for students, who register without Aadhaar, to complete their Aadhaar based eKYC on completion of 18 years of age for continuation of registration/ scholarship.
- 3. In case of EID, no disbursal of scholarship would happen till Aadhaar is submitted in a given timeframe.
- 4. Payment will be made in Aadhaar Seeded account.
- 5. If Institute/School is different from domicile state of the applicant, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School.
- 6. Name, gender, DoB must be same as in student’s Aadhaar.
- 7. Name, gender must be same as in parent’s Aadhaar.
- 8. After filling the application form Student must do their eKYC.
Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form are given below (Fields marked with * are Mandatory fields):
|1. Date of Birth (DOB)*
|Provide DOB as printed in educational certificates.
|2. State of Domicile*
|Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address.
Students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the “Application Id” allotted to them will be based on domicile state. This application Id will also be used as “Login Id” on the portal and for future references.Once allotted the student will not be allowed to change the domicile State under any circumstances.
The student needs to provide a Bonafide Certificate in the prescribed proforma if the Students domicile state is different from the state of Institute/School, he/she is studying.
|3. Scholarship Category*
|Scholarship schemes are divided in following major categories described below (Students are required to select the relevant category based on their class/course in which they are studying):
2.1 Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme: For students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th.
2.2 Post – Matric Scholarship scheme/Top Class Scholarship Scheme/Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme: For students studying from Class 11th, 12th and above including Courses like ITI, B.SC, B. Com., B. Tech, Medical /students studying top level colleges such as IITs and IIMs/ students doing Technical and Professional courses etc. (Attach a hyperlink mentioning details of schemes of different Ministries)
|4. Name of Student*
|Provide name as printed in educational certificates. For students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme preferably provide name as printed in class 10th certificate.
For students providing Aadhaar number to ensure that your name is correct in your Aadhaar card.
|5. Mobile Number*
|Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and One-time passwords related to portal activities will be sent as SMS on this mobile number.
|6. Email Id
|Provide correct and authenticated email id, as all the communications and One-time passwords related to portal activities will be sent on this email Id.
|8. Identification Details
|Select and provide the information in this field very carefully. You are required to select one of the following methods for identification details:
7.1 Aadhaar Number: Students who have Aadhaar number are required to provide 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on Aadhaar card.
Upon submitting the registration form, the system will match the personal identification details of the applicant with the Aadhaar records.
Only one registration is allowed with one Aadhaar number. However, if multiple applications of a student are found in the system at a later stage, all his/her applications are liable to be rejected.
It may be noted that your Aadhaar Number could also be used for crediting scholarship amount in the bank account linked* to your Aadhaar number in fast track mode.
*To link your bank account with Aadhaar number for receiving scholarship in the same, please visit you bank branch and submit a “bank consent form for receiving DBT”. You can check which bank is linked to your Aadhaar number on NPCI mapper here https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper or through Aadhaar-enabled micro-ATM machine of any of these banks.